Painting Recognition Program
SPECTRUM: The Art of Possibilities
For decades, the Metrobank Art & Design Excellence (MADE) has empowered artists to imagine, discover, and unleash their full potential.
This 2020, MADE challenges Filipino artists to channel their ingenuity in creating a SPECTRUM of works that represent Filipino artistic excellence. It is in this realm of infinite possibilities that masterpieces are made.
In art, you defy the impossible.
MADE Painting Recognition Program
A. REGISTRATION & ELIGIBILITY
- Filipino Painters, 18 to 35 years old (18 years old as of May 8, 2020 and still 35 years old as of September 24, 2020)
- Artists who have not held a solo exhibition until September 24, 2020
- Former awardees of the Young Painters’ Annual or MADE Painting Competition (Top Three, Best Entry, Grand Prize, First, Second, and Third Prize or Special Prize Winner, Grand Awardee)
- 2020 Members of the Board of Judges and their immediate family members
- Oil-based / Acrylic Medium on Canvas
- Water Media (watercolor, ink, gouache, tempera) on Paper (not board)
1. The Metrobank Art and Design Excellence Painting Recognition Program is open to all:
2. The following are not eligible to join the Search:
3. A participant shall submit only one (1) entry to the Search and shall compete in only one (1) category.
B. SPECIFICATIONS OF THE ARTWORK
7. Actual entry:
b. Water Media (watercolor, ink, gouache, tempera) on Paper (not board)
Entry must not be smaller than 18 X 24 inches (1.5 X 2 feet) or not bigger than
36 X 48 inches (3 X 4 feet), excluding the frame
Entry should not weigh more than 17 kilos, including the frame (if applicable)
The entry should be framed and should have hanging provisions. The frame,
including the matting should not exceed five (5) inches. Do not glue the canvas on
the wood backing for conservation purposes.
The entry must be an original work, wholly conceptualized and executed by the
entrant. Entries which are exact copies of existing works in terms of composition will
automatically be disqualified even if they are rendered in a different style, medium,
color scheme, or even if other elements have been added.
Photo references and links to websites where photos are appropriated must be
submitted. Inability to include references can be grounds for disqualification.
The entry should not be signed by the entrant. The entry must not have been
submitted to any other national or international painting competitions.
1. Grand Awardee:
- One (1) Oil-based/ Acrylic Medium on Canvas
- One (1) Water Media on Paper
- Financial assistance of P350,000.00
- Artistic Development Fund of Php150,000.00
- “Mula” sculpted glass trophy by Noell El Farol
- MADE-Network of Winners (MADE-N.O.W.) Membership
- Eligible for a grant for first solo exhibit
- He/she will be featured in press releases and media visits nationwide
- He/she will be featured in MADE and Metrobank Foundation collaterals, newsletters and
institutional social media channels
- Oil-based / Acrylic Medium on Canvas
- Water Media (watercolor, ink, gouache, tempera) on Paper (not board)
- Eight (8) finalists for Oil-based/Acrylic on Canvas Category
- Two (2) finalists for Water Media on Paper Category
- Special Cash Incentive
- Plaque of Recognition
- He/she will be featured in MADE and Metrobank Foundation collaterals, newsletters and institutional
social media channels
The Grand Awardee will receive the following:
2. Special Citation – This is a special recognition granted to selected works that is subject to the approval of the judging body.
3. National Finalists:
The National Finalists will receive the following:
D. 2020 IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
a. May 8, 2020
b. June 2020
c. September 2020
Deadline for submission of painting entries through e-mail
(until 11:59 PM)
Release of e-sneak peek via MADE Facebook page
MADE Awarding Ceremony and Exhibit Opening
E. STAGE 1: SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS – All submission requirements are in digital format only.
- 300 dpi resolution
- digital enhancements are not allowed
- (1) full shot including the frame with plain or no background
- (2) close-up shots highlighting different parts of the painting
- (2) progressreive shots while the painting is being done
- Refer to the guidelines on “How to Photograph a Painting” in the 2020 Search guidelines
downloadable at mbfoundation.org.ph
1. Accomplished e-entry form ((bit.ly/MADE2020_paintingform))
2. Five (5) colored photos of the painting in the following format:
3. 1 pc. 1 inch x 1 inch photo of the entrant
4. Sketches/ working drawings/ studies of the painting
5. Photo references (if applicable)
6. Birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport information page (choose only one)
F. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
1. All files must be properly labelled with the first name and surname of the entrant, followed by the
requirement name, and the digital number.
2. No signature or other identifying marks shall be placed on the digital images.
3. The total size of all the files combined should not exceed 2MB per file.
4. Do not send more than one e-mail.
5. The subject of the e-mail should indicate first name and surname of the entrant followed by the title
of entry. For example: Juan Dela Cruz Bayan Kong Mahal
6. Accomplish online entry form via bit.ly/MADE2020_paintingform.
7. Check validity of all data provided in the entry form.
8. The file documents, except the entry form, must be sent in a single email to [email protected]
9. The MADE Secretariat will not accept submission requirements submitted through a link provided by
a third-party file transfer/hosting service e.g. Google Drive, WeTransfer, Dropbox, MediaFire, icloud
etc. Requirements must be attached in the e-mail and not embedded in the e-mail body.
Deadline for submission of entries is on May 8, 2020.
Please submit entries to [email protected]
STAGE 2: ACTUAL SUBMISSION OF THE ARTWORK
- Semi-Finalists from NCR – entrants from NCR will be requested to personally submit the artwork to the Penthouse of Philippine AXA Life Centre Building, Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue corner Tindalo Street, Makati City. Transportation expenses of entrants from their residence to Philippine AXA Life Centre Building will not be reimbursed by the Metrobank Foundation.
- Provincial Semi-Finalists – entrants from outside Metro Manila will be requested to submit their artwork to the nearest Metrobank Branch. Transportation expenses of entrants from their residence to the nearest Metrobank Branch will not be reimbursed by the Metrobank Foundation. However, freight expenses from Metrobank Branch to Philippine AXA Life Centre Building will be covered by the Metrobank Foundation.
3. The entrant is to exempt, discharge, release and free Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company (“Metrobank”) and the Metrobank Foundation, Inc., their director/trustees, officers and staff from any claim or liability arising from any loss or damage which his/her entry may incur while being transported.
4. Maximum retention of the artwork is 1 year only. Should the semi-finalist not claim his/her entry within the allotted timeframe, the Metrobank Foundation reserves the right to dispose the artwork however it deemed necessary.
1.Entries that are qualified as semi-finalists will be contacted by the MADE Secretariat via email regarding the submission of the actual artwork. It is therefore the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that the e-mail address they have provided has the correct spelling and is valid/active.
2. Semi-finalists are requested to submit their actual artwork. Below are the details of submission.
G. RULES AND REGULATIONS
I. ELIGIBILITY OF ENTRANT
1. The MADE Painting Recognition Program is open to all Filipino citizens who are 18 to 35 years old.
As proof of age, citizenship and residency, all entrants must submit any valid government – issued
document or identification card (ID) showing birth date and citizenship e.g. photocopy of the
entrant’s birth certificate, passport, driver’s license, etc. when submitting their entries.
2. Artists who have not held a solo exhibition are eligible to join the MADE Painting Recognition
3. The MADE Painting Recognition Program does not require any registration fee.
4. Former awardees of the Young Painters’ Annual or MADE Painting Recognition Program (Top Three,
Best Entry, Grand Prize, First, Second, and Third Prize, Special Prize Winner, Grand Awardee),
Chairperson and Members of the current Board of Judges, and their immediate family members are
not eligible to participate in the Search.
5. Employees of Metrobank Foundation Inc. and the Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company
(“Metrobank”), and their affiliates involved in the implementation of the competition, are not
eligible to participate in the Search.
II. ELIGIBILITY OF ENTRY
1. The entry must be an original artwork, wholly conceptualized and executed by the entrant. Entries
which copied the composition of existing works will automatically be disqualified even if they are
rendered in a different style, medium, color scheme, or even if other elements have been added.
2. An entry which has already been submitted to other local and international art competitions will not
3. The entry should not be exhibited in both selling and non-selling solo and group exhibitions prior to
and during the duration of the Search. Entries exhibited in other shows will be disqualified.
4. In observance of the strict confidentiality and spirit of fairness that the Search practices, actual
names of entrants will not be posted on any of the Foundation’s media channels. Entrants are
also expected to comply by not posting or sharing their entry on social media or on other media
channels that will identify them as the artist who created the work. The identity of the entrant will
remain anonymous up until the official reveal in the evening of the MADE Awarding Ceremony.
III. SUBMISSION OF ENTRY VIA E-MAIL
1. An entrant may submit ONLY ONE (1) entry to ONLY ONE (1) Category. Entrants found to have
submitted multiple entries will be disqualified.
2. Photograph of the entry must be of the final artwork. Do not physically alter or revise artwork after it
has been submitted electronically. Alterations, additions or modifications will disqualify an entry.
3. Do not digitally alter the photograph using Photoshop or any other image editing/enhancing
software. Any alteration automatically disqualifies the entry.
4. All entrants MUST USE the latest Entry Form in submitting their entries. All other and previous
application/entry forms, rules, and regulations issued prior to the current year are hereby cancelled
and declared null and void.
5. The MADE Secretariat will not accept submission requirements submitted through a link provided
by a third-party file transfer/hosting service e.g. Google Drive, WeTransfer, Dropbox, MediaFire,
icloud etc. Requirements must be attached in the e-mail and not embedded in the e-mail body.
6. 6. Successful submission of the latest Entry Form and the electronic submission of requirements are considered as the official acceptance into the Search.
7. Entrant must ensure that data provided in the Entry Form for the selling price of the artwork is
correct. If entrant will not provide selling price, artwork will be marked as “not for sale.” The entrant
is no longer allowed to change the selling price of the artwork after Entry Form has been submitted.
8. It is the responsibility of the artist to ensure the veracity of all information stated in the entry form
as well as the completeness of all required documents. Incomplete documents and false information
may and will result in the disqualification of an entry.
8. The entrant must read rules and regulations completely and carefully. Due to the volume of inquiries
and entries, the MADE Secretariat may or may not reply or confirm receipt in a timely manner.
9. The Metrobank Foundation shall select the chairperson and the members of the Board of Judges.
The selection of the members of the board of judges shall be the sole prerogative of the Metrobank
1. The Metrobank Foundation shall select the chairperson and the members of the Board of Judges. The selection of the members of the board of judges shall be the sole prerogative of the Metrobank Foundation.
2. Judges may decide not to award prizes if the entries do not meet certain artistic, search and technical requirements. All decisions of the Board of Judges as to whether or not an entry or an entrant complied with the rules and regulations, as well as in all aspects of the Search, shall be FINAL.
3. The identity of the chairperson and the members of the Board of Judges will remain anonymous until the official press release from the Metrobank Foundation has been published.
4. Entrants whose entries are included in the semi-finalists roster shall be notified via e-mail. Semi-finalists must submit actual artwork for actual verification of sizes, review of entry documents, and compliance of rules & regulations.
5. The entrant is to exempt, discharge, release and free Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company (“Metrobank”) and the Metrobank Foundation, their director/trustees, officers and staff from any claim or liability arising from any loss or damage which his/her entry may incur while being transported, or while in the custody of the Metrobank Foundation or the Metrobank.
6. The Metrobank Foundation may acquire any artwork at a price agreed upon by the Foundation and the artist.
7. The Metrobank Foundation reserves the right to withdraw any award and/or cash prize at any time should the entrant violate any of the rules and regulations of the Search or if the Foundation deems, in any way, that granting the participant the award will damage the reputation of the Foundation and/or Metrobank.
8. In accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (R.A. 10173), the entrant provides the Metrobank Foundation the right to use the name and photo of the painter and his/her entry free of charge for any broadcast, telecast, print or any medium.
9. Please read all the mechanics, rules, and regulations carefully. The MADE Secretariat enforces strict implementation of technical guidelines. Submission of entry signifies acceptance of all rules, regulations and selection process of the competition. Non – compliant entries on any of the stipulated rules and regulations will be disqualified.