Sculpture Recognition Program
For more than 3 decades now, the Metrobank Art & Design Excellence (MADE) has since served as a platform to discover emerging names to become established ones in the art scene.
This year, MADE once again opens the door of opportunities for painters and sculptors to immerse into a whole new experience—one that demands looking at the world with fresh eyes to discover the beauty in things mundane and overlooked.
Let MADE be the venue for your discovery.
A. SCULPTURE REGISTRATION AND ELIGIBILITY
- The Metrobank Art and Design Excellence Sculpture Competition is open to all Filipino Sculptors who have staged at least one solo exhibition
- The participants can only submit one (1) entry to the Search
- 2017 MADE Sculpture Competition Grand Awardee
- 2018 Members of the Board of Judges and their immediate family members
- P500,000.00 cash prize (exclusive of the professional fee)
- A Glass “Mula” trophy by Noell EL Farol
- MADE-Network of Winners (MADE-NOW) Membership Four (4) Finalists**
- P30,000.00 cash assistance each (exclusive of the professional fee)
- Certificate of Recognition
The following are not eligible to join the Competition:
One (1) Grand Awardee**
**NOTE: The grand awardee and/or the selected finalist may have an opportunity to be commissioned by Federal Land, Inc. for the possible production and installation of a public sculpture at MET Live along Diosdado Macagapal Blvd., Metro Park, Pasay City.
D. CREATIVE BRIEF
Met Live is a three-level upscale mall in the Metro Park complex located at Macapagal Boulevard cor. EDSA Extension, Pasay City.
The Mall is part of Metro Park’s commercial district that aims to reinforce the creation of an interrelated experience of Filipino culture, people, heritage and lifestyles by being a destination place for retail, food, offices and entertainment.
The visual design identity of Met Live is described as threads of fabric, fashion and architecture all woven together creating an artisan and innovative characteristic that is ethnic-inspired yet versatile, and artful yet progressive. This pays homage to its local Filipino roots while innovating tradition and adapting today’s trends.
To design an artistic and modern public sculpture at the Atrium Lobby of Met Live Mall that:
1. Serves as the signature art centerpiece of the Met Live Atrium Lobby
2. Personifies Met Live and the Metro Park design development objectives
3. Reflects contemporary Filipino culture, lifestyle and tradition
1. Total Area where the public sculpture will be mounted: 141.76 sq metres
2. Maximum Width of the public sculpture (all sides): 6 meters to 7 meters
3. Maximum Height of the sculpture: 6.5 meters to 7.5 meters
1. Minimum and Maximum Project Construction Cost: P 2,000,000.00 – P 3,000,000.00
2. Professional Fee of the Sculptor (20% of the overall project construction cost): P 400,000.00 – P 600,000.00
1. MET Live Mall is already operational and installation should have minimal effect on existing structure.
2. The piece can be interactive and experiential.
1. ARTISTRY: Ingenuity & Creativity of Concept and its Translation; Wow-Factor
2. CONTEXT: Relevance and Perceptiveness to the project site, context and users; Embodies of contemporary Filipino culture
3. SUSTAINABILITY: Use of Appropriate Medium, Buildability, Socio-economic Sustainability
You may download the following references: